10 March 2009

Am I a Hipster because I love IKEA?


The latest Ikea build/hack.


Kitchen before.












Kitchen after.


These shelves are heavy duty. And kick-ass sleek.


Heavy duty due to the fact that I actually used toggle bolts. Of course I only dropped two down inside the wall.

I'm really wishing I'd bought two of those wine racks now. Don't look at those places where I touched up the wall. I have to get some paint. I'm out.

And I wish I'd bought two of these rails. I'd like to spread all that out more. For now, I think I'm just going to remove the lids, spread out the utensils. But at least they aren't on the stovetop anymore.

So let's review. One trip to Chicago for the IKEA shelving. $250. One trip to the hardware store for screws and such before the project began. $5. One bandage for the cut finger. 50 cents. Another trip to the hardware store for 2 more toggle bolts and dryer venting. $6.

Ikea shelving intalled...PRICELESS!

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty damn good!!! nice work! now if I only had $250 laying around...
    Perhaps eating out all of last month wasn't such a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that $250 included the trip. Not just the Ikea bill.

    ReplyDelete