13 April 2009

The $40.00 hotel room.

Ok. I know I should be camping. But come on. Four days and no shower and I see a sign for a Motel 6 with a $37.99 price tag? BTW, Motel 6 does not charge extra for pets, although you do have to pay $3 for the internet. But a $42 hotel room? Come on. The shower alone was worth $50. Right, you say. But you didn't have to share the car with me. In any event. I'm in a safe, warm, comfortable hotel room in Bakersfield. I saw some kick ass stuff today. But before we get to the eye candy, I want to point out a few things.

California drivers are crazy. They drive with one hand on the cell phone and the other on the horn. They drive wicked fast. I drove 70 miles an hour in bumper to bumper traffic in Chicago and never blinked, and these people scare the crap out of me. It isn't enough that the intimidate me to the point that I PULL OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO LET THEM PASS, but then they honk at me anyway.

There's a word for that. Ass HOOOOOOOOOOle.

Why do they put fans in bathrooms west of the 100th meridian? It isn't like a little humidity would kill ya. I find it comforting to have a little water in my skin for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment